Vietnam & Cambodia Discovery - 16 Days
- Country: Vietnam, Cambodia
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Finish: Hanoi, Vietnam
You will visit
Welcome to Siem Reap. Brief itinerary and transfer to city centre. After a short break, start your tour to the incredible temple Ta Prohm. There are enormous fig trees and gigantic creepers which embrace themselves in the stone foundations of the structure giving the impression of man's creation being reclaimed by the powerful forces of nature. You also explore the grand circuit with Preah Khan, Kravan, Neak Pean, Krol Ko, Ta Som, East Mebon and Pre Rup Temples, where you can enjoy the sunset. Enjoy welcomed dinner at the local restaurant.
Following the breakfast at your hotel, you have a full day to explore the wondrous ancient ruins with the South Gate of Angkor Thom, which is famous for its series of colossal human faces carved in stone, the impressive Bayon Temple, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the largest as well as the most complete temple of Angkor Wat. This architectural masterpiece was constructed in the 12th century and covers an area of about 210 hectares. You stroll around this massive edifice, seeing the many galleries with columns, libraries, pavilions, courtyards and ponds full of water reflecting the towering temple.
Today, you leave Siem Reap for Phnom Penh - the capital of Cambodia by private car. On the way, you have chance to visit one of local market in Kam Bang Thom. There is a lot of special local food like fried spider…
Arrive in Phnom Penh in the early afternoon. After short break, you will visit the interesting sites: The Royal Palace and The Silver pagoda. They offer a display of priceless Buddhist and historical objects. In the later afternoon, take a boat trip to Koh Dach where the Khmer produce their Hol and Pamourng using silk (Hol & Pamourng is a traditional Khmer costume used for special ceremonies or weddings). Enjoy sunset along the Tonle Mekong river.
In the morning, you visit to Toul Sleng museum (S-21) and the killing field of Choueng Ek, which is about 35kim away from the city. These places are grim reminders of Cambodia's bloody past under Pol Pot. It is almost inconceivable to confront the nature of true evil here in this gentle land, but the Buddhist memorial at Choeung Ek, commemorates the 1.7 million victims of the 1975-79 Pol Pot regime. This excursion may prove distressing for some.
Back to the city centre to catch a speed boat for your river journey to Chau Doc - Vietnam. Boat departure time is 12.30 noon. It takes you about 5 hours including the visa formalities required at the border crossing. Upon arrival at Chau Doc, you will be met by your guide and transferred to your hotel.
Following breakfast at the hotel, your Mekong delta exploration begins. You will take a private motorized boat trip to visit a floating village, a floating fish farm and the Cham weaving village. Experience firsthand this village's unique culture and unusual fishing techniques.
After that, drive to the heart of Mekong delta - Can tho. Stop to visit a local crocodile farm en route. Upon arrival in Can Tho, you will have chance to visit some of the local farmers along the way and enjoy some beautiful tropical gardens. Check in hotel and free time.
Wake up in early morning to take the boat trip to Cai Rang Floating Market - one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging.
At the market, most active in the early morning hours, you will see boats of all shapes and sizes laden with local produce and all jostling for business. Continue your boat ride, stopping at some local orchards where you will have an opportunity to sample some delicious tropical fruits and visit with a local orchard farmer at his modest home.
After returning to the hotel for check out, you begin our journey to Saigon. Check in hotel and free time.
This morning, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the long struggle for independence.
The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
Back to Saigon for half day city tour, including The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
You have free time in Saigon until be transferred to the airport for short flight to Danang. Upon arrival in Danang, pick up and transfer to your hotel in Hoi An. You have chance to visit the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to charming Hoi An. Check in hotel and free time.
This morning, you will join in a cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking School. Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. You will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
After that, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. On arrival, you explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours - each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before you prepare the same dish youself. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, you can enjoy what you have cooked.
In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town, including the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda, the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge. Free time for shopping and tailor made suits.
Today is your free time in Hoi An. You might like to take a bike tour or leisurely stroll along Cua Dai beach, located about 5km from the town centre or go to the town for tailor made clothes.
This morning, you leave Hoi An for Hue. On the way, you will have chance to the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to charming Hoi An. Upon arrival, you will visit the Citadel and the Forbidden Purple City. You also visit Tu Hieu pagoda and Imperial museum before free time for shopping at the vibrant Dong Ba market.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and then board a private boat for a cruise on Perfume river. You will visit Thien Mu pagoda and then take a drive to visit Minh Mang tomb before transferring to the airport for flight to Hanoi.
In the afternoon, you will walk to visit Hoan Kiem lake, local markets and Hanoi's Old Quarter, known for its 36 streets and former craft guilds. Enjoy a water puppet performance before coming to your hotel.
Having breakfast at hotel then start a full day city tour in Hanoi. Start with Ho Chi Minh complex (including Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum and stilt house); the Presidential Palace, the nearby One Pillar Pagoda and Tran Quoc pagoda on West lake.
In the afternoon explore the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university and the Ethnology Museum to learn more about the diversity in ethnic communities of Vietnam.
At around 8 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer back Hanoi. Check in hotel and free time.
You have free time until be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. End of your tour. Thank you for using our service. See you again.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Speed boat Phnom Penh - Chau Doc.
- Flight tickets Saigon - Danang, Hue - Hanoi.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.